Monday 7 June 2010

Thing 5 and 6


Moving on to Thing 5 and 6 at the "23 Things Cambridge" workshop. The first of these tasks is to get to grips with Doodle which is an online tool for scheduling events. I am already familiar with this tool because we used it at my rowing club (Cambridge '99) to schedule our training. Very useful if there are 8 rowers a cox and a coach involved, or a whole squad, as it were. I think it is equally useful for scheduling all kinds of meetings whether library related or not. Dominique ("News from Nowhere") set up a doodle page to schedule a meeting for a few of us, so let's see how it will work out. I've already ticked all relevant boxes.
Thing 6 is creating a google calendar. I already make use of this tool and also have shared calendars with friends when planning holidays or using equipment at my department. Again, very useful but on a daily basis I prefer my paper diary.

1 comment:

  1. Great to know you have been using these for a while - shows how useful they are!

    ReplyDelete