Friday 9 July 2010

Reflections


Right, so the whole catching up session has taken 2 hours so far. Not as bad as I initially thought. I think the problem is that it's too easy to get lost in the depth of the world-wide web (as I - unfortunately - tend to do). What about "23 Things" then? Well, it has certainly taught me to view the internet and its possibilities from a library and archive perspective. For me, this is very important as I have used most of the "Things" discussed so far either for private and social purposes or for my own studies. This is quite important for me as I am at a stage where I finish my studies and need to start to approach these "Things" from a more professional perspective. Overall, I'm quite happy with "23 Things" so far.


The tasks so far left plenty of space for own excursions into the topic, which was good. My skills and knowledge have definitely benefitted from this exercise and I feel more confident using "Things" in a library and archive environment now. Looking back at how much time I've spent on some of the "Things", I will certainly be more focused when approaching the next "Things" and will avoid "drifting". After all, there's more to do than "Things", however interesting they may be.

1 comment:

  1. I love the seal. It's so CUTE! congratulations on catching up!!

    ReplyDelete