Friday 9 July 2010

Catching up on "Things"

Well, I've been away from any "23 Thing" related activities for 2 weeks and find catching up a bit difficult. Am I the only one who thinks that although this workshop is in principle a good idea, the tasks just take too much time to do? Some days I find myself spending more time doing "Things" rather than working. In order to give myself more time for work, I'll try to do a fast forward through the "Things" I've missed since my last entry. So here we go, let's see how much time it takes me.


Thing 9 and 10: Flickr
As with most of the "23 Things" so far, Flickr is not unknown to me. However, I've never used it for academic or library purposes and I've never really worried about terms of use of these pictures because we mainly used this service to share pictures among friends. After discussing the breach of the UL's Library Syndicate rules, the only picture of books from the UL I could find within Creative Commons-licensed content was this:

For me Flickr seems particularly useful to share pictures of the library as a way of promoting the library. Moreover, it offers easy access to all sorts of pictures which can potentially lighten up presentations and can also be useful on signs and announcements posted on various library walls and pinboards.



1 comment:

  1. I agree Bettina - I simply haven't had time to keep up with the 23 Things - frustrating when I have found Doodle and Flickr/Creative Commons to be so useful.

    ReplyDelete